Friday 6 February 2015

Strawberry Avocado Salad

This is probably by far one of my favorite salad recipes. If you'd have asked me a couple years ago to eat a salad with fruit in it, I probably would have looked at you in disgust haha. It took me awhile to open up to fruity salads and am I happy I did!
I altered the recipe a bit from the original because I'm not a fan of blue cheese. I use a bit of feta instead, sometimes not even at all. It's good with or without. I never really bothered with the almonds either. This site is a bit different than the original one I had found this past summer, but I'm honestly too lazy to try and find it on Pinterest :p



Strawberry Avocado Salad with Poppyseed vinigrette


  • 6 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
  • 1 avocado, diced (or you can double this to 2 avocados!)
  • 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
  • half a small red onion, finely chopped
  • poppyseed dressing (recipe below)

POPPYSEED DRESSING INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup olive oil (or any oil, such as avocado oil)
  • 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
  • salt and pepper
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl and add to individual portions. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment