Tuesday 27 January 2015

No Bake Energy Bites

I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest and I honestly didn't expect these to be as good as they were. I've tried something similar to this once and well, it wasn't so impressive! But these, I mean they aren't to die for but when you have that urge for something sweet and chocolatey... this does the job!

I made them pretty fast and replaced a few ingredients so I'm almost certain they could probably be even better! This is going to be a quick post as I'm still hoping to have some movie time before I must allow my body to recharge for a short period of time.


No Bake Energy Bites

  • 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes (I forgot to toast mine)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used the all natural kind)
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs (didn't even notice cacao nibs there! like I said, fast!)
  • 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar (I prefer honey, agave nectar I find has a strange after taste)
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional) 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • - Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour ( I didn't put it mine the fridge, instead, make balls with damp hands).
  • - Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1" in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week (mine only lasted 24 hours and I left them on the counter in a container). 


No comments:

Post a Comment